Thursday, August 22, 2013

Graphics Ideas


Why Are They That Important?

Graphics can make or break a game. Some people won't even pick up a game if they don't like the graphics. The first games had pixelated graphics, like Pokemon and Mario. Some game developers today want the pixelated look for their games to bring back the old school style. Now, many popular games are in 3D and many players like this because they have a  realistic feel. 

What I Am Thinking..
Since so many games are in 3D, I believe this game should be too. Also, there are not many mobile phone MMORPG games that are 3D. I don't want the graphics to be too realistic because I want it to be easy for people to create their own graphics for the game. I love Skyrim's graphics, but I believe they are a bit too complicated. I think a cartoon style is a good way to go because it is somewhat realistic, but with simpler graphics.

 The pictures here display the types of graphics that I want to base my game's graphics off of.  

The photo to the left is from the PC MMORPG game Dragon Saga. I don't want to go in the anime direction, but I do like the game's cartoon style (backgrounds and objects)







 The photo on the right is from the MMORPG game Dungeon Striker.



The objects may look complicated and hard to create, but actually they are pretty simple shapes. The coloring and shading are what makes them look more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment