Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Beginning



I have decided to create a very unique MMORPG (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game) game for mobile phones and I want to share the journey with the world. I also want to integrate other people's ideas and creations into the game as well.

A Little Bit About Myself

My mom tells me that the first four words I ever said were Mama, Dada, Momo (the name of our cat), and money. As a child I loved money: to play with it, collect it, count it, organize it, and receive it. It is no surprise that I have become an entrepreneur.

From a young age I loved to draw. I produced a series of different types of shoes, a comic strip featuring life from the point of view of a number two pencil, and many drawings of realistic predators. When I was seven, my mom told me that she used to sell her handmade jewelry and that if I wanted to sell my art work, she would help me. This story sparked my first business creating greeting cards featuring my original drawing of cats. As a young entrepreneur, I priced materials and printing costs to and then sold my cards to family members, friends, and neighbors.

I continued with my art work, but my interests shifted toward technology. I started taking apart almost anything that I could get my hands on: remote controls, calculators, radios, tape players, and electronic handheld games. Because of my curiosity about electronics and my knowledge of new devices, my dad began to call me GadgetGirl.

During sixth grade, I broke my iPod Touch’s glass screen. Instead of paying the ridiculous Apple repair price, I decided to fix it myself. I bought the parts and watched a YouTube tutorial on iPod Touch disassembly. Finally, I mustered up enough courage and opened my iPod, and amazingly, I discovered that I could swap out the glass and other parts that required replacement. It was then that I realized that I could buy broken iPods, fix them, and then sell them for a profit. I studied how to fix iPods, iPhones, and other mobile devices by watching YouTube videos and reading disassembly guides online.

When I turned eleven, I opened an eBay account, and created the business I run today: GadgetGirl1334. I purchased parts and broken iPods from eBay, fixing many of them, and selling the repaired ones. The news that I could fix broken mobile devices spread through middle school and students began asking me to repair their gadgets. I created a website for people to read about what I was doing and to purchase repair service.

My latest business venture is the creation of a 3D multi-player mobile device game. This allows me to combine my interests in art, technology, and business. In the beginning, I knew that to produce a popular game, I would need something that would make it unique. I came up with the idea to create a MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game), but with a twist. My game has an element of character free will, unlike other RPGs.

The game concept and mechanics are nearly complete, and now I am teaching myself advertising strategies and how to construct 3D graphics. I am building a team to accelerate the development process and am pursuing funding options. My GadgetGirl1334 repair business is still running, but my main focus is the construction of my game. 


I am planning to work on my game while at college (hopefully Oberlin College or Hampshire College).

A lion I sketched 1-2 years ago

2 comments:

  1. That's...wow...really impressive

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back.
    sell used LG cell phones

    ReplyDelete